Thursday, April 29, 2010

Macro Heaven

I'm one of those WoW players that totally forgets about trinkets and other on-use abilities (e.g.: Bloodfury). After finally thinking about how I wanted to boost my Shaman's DPS (at level 69...), I figured it out: bind the trinkets to spells I use all the time!

I know, I know. "Why didn't you think of this before?! DUH!" Moving along.

I've been browsing Big Bear Butt for tanking macros for my new Druid, and found a very simple one over at his specs and rotations page that I've been using for binding my Barkskin to my Swipe for whenever it's up.

Anyway. I decided to modify the macro for the use of trinkets. My current trinkets are Auslese's Light Channeler and Oculus of the Hidden Eye. I don't like using names in my macros, though. Partly because it takes up more room than I would like, and it means I have to go back and update my macros when I get new trinkets. Who wants to do that?! That requires effort. Ugh!

So, the handy-dandy macro page over on WoW's site made for a quick edit.

Ahhh, the macro was finally complete!

#showtooltip Chain Lightning
/script UIErrorsFrame:Hide();
/use 14
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear();
/script UIErrorsFrame:Show();
/cast Chain Lightning


Wait. Wait. What is that sound I hear? Oh no! I'm still getting that silly little error sound! Well, a quick hop over to WoWwiki and the mage macro page resulted in a nice and shiny new macro.

#showtooltip Chain Lightning
/script UIErrorsFrame:Hide();
/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
/use 14
/console Sound_EnableSFX 1
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear();
/script UIErrorsFrame:Show();
/cast Chain Lightning



Ahhh. Finally. The sounds of engorged DPSing. Now to do that with all of the toons...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...