Friday, March 11, 2011

BAST: Favorite Weapon

This past week, Kallixta's Shared Topic was proposed over at BA:ST:
I was comparing a new upgrade to my older item when it struck me how much I liked my old item. Like is wonderfully subjective and I hope others will explain their measure.

Is your favorite weapon something with strong memories for you? Is it something that just works well for RP purposes? Or maybe the balance of abilities meshes better than normal to your spec and play style?
I have to admit... I should belong in Too-Many-Weapons Anonymous or something. I'm huge into collecting pretty weapons when I see them while raiding--whether it be new or old content. I just love collecting sets of gear and weapons that look cool together. So, this topic for me was a bit of a hard one to decide upon, partly why it's late. I had a lot of bank bags to go through on Chestnut! But, I finally decided on two of my absolute favorite weapons...

Back when Ulduar was the end-game raid, I was healing on Rayvynn and had a tank off-spec for the random and highly rare nights that one of our tanks couldn't show. The first time we downed Kologarn, I saw the Spire of Withering Dreams and fell in love. I lost the roll to a hunter in the guild, and it never ever dropped again--ever. After ICC released I switched servers and rolled a completely new druid (with the Elephant)--Chestnut. We really wanted to do Ulduar, but by the time we hit 80, the Lich King was out, and we were doing random nights striving to kick his ass. But we swore that one day we'd go back to Ulduar. And that we did.

The past few months, the guild has been working on getting anybody interested their Rusted Proto-Drake (which many of us did last Friday, and many more will today!). We make it a point when we do old content to leave Group Loot on so that people that find something cool, or find something they had always wanted but never gotten, can roll Needs, and those that don't care can pass, Greed, or disenchant. Anyway, we've been kicking Kologarn's ass (or lack thereof) fairly regularly, and It dropped. I totally squealed. Luckily I was the only one that wanted it and I grabbed that little sucker up. I'd go around more often with it on, but, I really want my Cenarion Raiments from MC to go with it... I mean, who can resist?

Chest with the Spire and the Cenarion Raiments, which the Elephant has agreed to help me get. Yay!
Speaking of Molten Core... it houses another weapon I've lusted after since I ran my first Molten Core fun night at level 70 back when I played Alliance and healed on my Dwarf priest. Finkle's Lava Dredger dropped, and I swore that one day, I would have a toon that would be able to use that sucker.

Lo-and-behold, Chestnut got that puppy on the second time it dropped on one of the guild's MC Fun Nights (the first one was won by a fellow guildie's Druid alt). Yeah, I could have bought the Heirloom...but... where's the fun in that when you can have the original?!

I need to make an outfit like this to go running around with my Dredger. Sadly, though, Chestnut is not an Engineer. So I'll have to find some other cool glasses...

1 comment:

  1. Ulduar had some amazing weapons and gear hidden in its loot tables. I still get nerd chills anytime I think about that instance.

    Also, <3 Engi-type weapons! I loved having the combination of the Steamworker's Goggles from Flame Leviathan (25) with the Argent Resolve from Anub'arak (10) on my Shaman. Having just switched from having Herbalism over to having Engineer as my second profession, thus not needing the sweet looking iLevel 200 goggles, I felt like a proper engineer with that gear. At least when I was healing that is.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...