Friday, February 27, 2015

Live Long and Prosper, Spock

This will be short and sweet, as Syp has said it much better than I ever could.

But it hit me really hard today, to hear that Leonard Nimoy had passed away. When I read on Star Trek's site a few days ago that he had been admitted to the hospital for his COPD, I was a tad worried, but was positive he'd be around for a while yet.

It hit me like a wall today to find out he'd passed. I literally cried in my cube at work for a good half hour or so. While I wasn't a youngin' at the time that Star Trek was on television, it's something that my parents made sure I watched in full force. I always admired those pointy-eared weird unemotional folks. I wondered how they could keep it all together like that.

As I got older, I admired the cast for their roles in other materials and their amazing forward thinking on social issues. They were role models, through and through.

I don't have much more to say than he will be sorely missed, and my thoughts go out to his family during this time.

Live Long and Prosper.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...