Monday, August 31, 2015

Neutral Good

This is post 30 of 31 for the Blaugust event. To check out more Blaugust posts and sign up to participate, visit the Blaugust Nook!

An impromoptu prompt that went through Blaugust recently was that of taking the D&D Alignment test as yourself to see what results you garnered. If I have tracked it correctly, it all stemmed from Eldaeriel's post a few days ago.


When I took the test, I ended up with the Neutral Good alignment. The quiz states:
A neutral good character does the best that a good person can do. He is devoted to helping others. He works with kings and magistrates but does not feel beholden to them. The common phrase for neutral good is "true good." Neutral good is the best alignment you can be because it means doing what is good without bias toward or against order.
Taking this from my own perspective was interesting. I've always considered myself more Lawful than Neutral, but I guess I could see myself falling into the Neutral category. I did figure that I'd fall into the Good category, though. I care deeply about things/people--whether they be silly little arguments online, or someone truly in need (it's a blessing and a curse). I always try to follow the "golden rule" as difficult as it may be, sometimes. I also try to stay positive, and keep any negative thoughts about others to myself, though I do have to bite my tongue quite a bit sometimes.

Overall, I feel that it describes me fairly decently, though, as with any character you RP, I'm sure my personal alignment will change as I experience more of what life has to offer. I'd be interested in what it looks like a few years from now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...