Monday, February 29, 2016

Black Desert Online Closed Beta... Sorta


I was able to obtain a CBT2 key for Black Desert Online, and hop into the game the other weekend. Sadly, it wasn't as much as I liked. I spent about three hours total in the game, with the majority of the time spent on character creation. But here are some initial impressions, both good and bad.
  • The character creator is God-like. I loved being able to create a short, stout, tatted warrior lady with epic red hair.
  • The opening cinematic was... loud? Confusing. It was definitely confusing. The story didn't really grab me off the get-go. But at least it wasn't overly long like Blade & Soul was.
  • The auto-path mechanic is neat. Makes things easier.
  • The voice acting is better than Blade & Soul, though not that much better.
  • The black spirit dude is creepy. And I don't really understand the story.
  • The graphics are pretty awesome.
  • But there's some weird collision going on? Like, some of the ways the hair and body collide are just... weird.
  • Also lawl at characters walking into each other and through each other while you're talking to an NPC.
  • I wish I'd had more time to play while the CBT is active. I'm looking forward to carving some time out one week at the end of March to put a 7-day trial code to use to actually get a good feel for the game.
  • Some of the features of the game are things I think I'd like, but I don't like that so few of my friends are interested in it. It kinda feels like a "gaming lull" for a lot of folks, in a way.
Anyway, here are a bunch of the screenies I took of my Valkyrie, and the start of what I played.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...