Thursday, November 16, 2017

Raiding with Leashes

This post is a part of #IntPiPoMo 2017. You can find more information and sign up to participate here.


I mentioned working on this achievement in my monthly gaming goals post, and I finished it sooner than I expected, to be honest. All I had left was the Viscidus Globule, Giant Bone Spider, and Stitched Pup, and I'd finally obtain Mr. Bigglesworth (putting me one step closer to Crazy Cat Lady).. but the RNGods have never really been in my favor.


Before I did anything, I decided to see how much they were on the Auction House, because I really didn't want to trek all over on tons of different toons. However, after breaking down and getting the Viscidus Globule on the AH for 14k, I decided it was probably worth my time to just go farm the dang things. I know a lot of people won't think that 14k is a lot, and it isn't that much, but when you only have 300k gold to your name, one is kind of stingy. And at least it cut out having to trek over to AQ40 until I wanted to just get the achievement, or was working on transmog farming (which is low priority—pets first!).


I hit up Naxxramas on Chestnaught to see what I could get, and ended up with the pet from Loatheb (which I already have two of thanks to generous guildies), as well as the one off of Maexxna. Gluth was not kind to me, sadly. Nor were tier drops, for that matter. So since Naxx is so easy to get to, I'll have to make farming both normal and heroic Dreadnaught Battlegear one of my first transmog goals. Anyway, the spider is gross. I'm super afraid of even Daddy Long Legs (yes, I know they aren't spiders), so I put this guy out, took a picture, and put him right back. Blech. But at least I have him, now! And I'll level him eventually when Squirt is back on the 30th (NA realms).


So, since Gluth didn't put out for Chest, I hopped on my hunter, Hazelnutt, and decided to just hit up the Construct Quarter. She didn't get lucky either. So off to the shaman, Shaelee! Only hit up the Construct Quarter up to Gluth as well, but she surprisingly ended up getting lucky. He's cute in a kind of disgusting way. It was a bit annoying to try to run even old content as a healer, so I guess I'll have to finally bite the bullet and get my enhancement weapon on her.


And so, I have finally obtained the adorable Mr. Bigglesworth! I also ended up with pretty much every 10 Man achievement on Chest on my run through. Which, honestly, is my top pet peeve in WoW. If achievements are truly supposed to be account bound, why on earth do I not get credit on the toon if I've already completed it on another! I shouldn't be spamming guild chat with achievements I got back when it was current content when I was playing my Druid. That defeats the whole purpose, Blizzard. Fucking fix it. I don't mind if I can't get credit cross-characters for most achievements. That's fine. Whatever. But I want the credit for the ones I've done, instead of a "Not completed on XTOON." when I mouse over something.

#IntPiPoMo Count: 20/50

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...