Friday, November 19, 2010

BA Shared Topic: Autoblogography!

I joined Blog Azeroth recently and have been enjoying my time in the community so far, even if I am more of a lurker than anything... at the moment, anyway. This week, Ophelie of Bossy Pally asked that we write an Autoblogography.
What pushed you to start blogging? What challenges have you faced? What are your favorite posts and why? What are the stories behind them? How has blogging affected your gaming?
...
If you're a new blogger, you can write about your experience so far, about what you hope for the future.
As much as I would love to write about the first few ideas (and I think it would be easier by far), I will tackle the second topic idea--being a new blogger, as I still fall into that category, so I think.

I started blogging on games, geekdom and crafts a while after I started blogging about my cooking and weight loss goals as a New Year's "Resolution" (I call them Winning Outcomes... Resolution just has such a negative connotation to me). I was inspired because I was bored and didn't have many friends after moving down South for graduate school. I still don't have many, but that is besides the point considering I found the Elephant... Anyway.

I wanted to write about what I enjoyed that didn't fit into the theme of my other blog. Then I just kind of abandoned it for a while. Just like I did the other blog. I don't really have any good excuses outside of my life being turned upside down (in a good way!) and lots of school.

I started back up and joined Blog Azeroth soon after as a way to keep up with the community in a more engaged fashion--to keep me social and keep me inspired. While being involved in the blogging community is no replacement for live people, the few comments and new friends I have made so far have made my blogging experience amazing, and a lot less scary than I originally thought.

I hope this blog continues to be a place of inspiration for me. And not just on WoW topics! I want to start crafting more, and sharing what I craft. And I want to share more about my D&D campaign lawl-moments. I'll never be a theory-crafter, though I'm sure I'll write tutorials or guides at some point or another. It's something I love to do, and do extensively on my guild's forums (quite possibly to the dismay of guildies--I imagine the "OMG, another one!" groans in my head every time I post a rep guide or such).

Where my heart lies, though, is just sharing my experiences with others--no matter what realm of geekdom or nerddom that falls into.

Thanks, Ophe for the topic!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...