Tuesday, March 3, 2015

The Token

Image from the official posting announcing the WoW Token, link below.

I was going to write a long post about the WoW Token that was just announced yesterday, however, there are some better posts, this one in particular, that do a much better job of summing up and discussing possible ramifications, etc. A great read for folks.

I'm intrigued by the possibility of being able to play WoW again, however, I have to ask myself, how casual a player will I be able to be? Not just from the "there's so much to do!" aspect, but more of the "how much farming and AHing and leveling do I have to do to be able to afford next month?".

In EVE Online, it was fairly easy, once I got into a great Wormhole/Mining corporation to rake in the ISK to buy a PLEX once every other month (keep in mind, I was playing full time, and it was my only game) and still afford new ships and ship replacements. I kept myself at once every-other-month, even though I could technically afford monthly, because we lived in a damned Wormhole, and if I lost my Proteus or Arazu I'd be a fish out of water if I couldn't afford one. Plus ammo, etc. If you've played EVE, you understand.

In WildStar, the last time I checked Entity's C.R.E.D.D. prices (about a week and a half ago), they were at 15 Plat. Granted, for some folks, 15 plat is nothing. For myself, that would require about a week (an hour a day) of farming to afford. That might not sound like much, but with limited playtime because I run things with guildies, do crafting, and level alts, (and play other games) it doesn't sound like much fun. It's something I'm aiming to get to the point where I can afford it every-other-month (much like EVE), but it's not a viable monthly subscription option based on my play times and play style.

Which brings me back to my point at hand--how viable, for the way I play, and the current market/gold pool the average player has compared to the last time I played, how viable is a WoW Token going to be for me as a player? Only time will tell, I suppose. Unless someone wants to gift me one, like you can gift C.R.E.D.D. and PLEX. I like presents.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...