Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Goodbye Living Legend

This is post 20 of 31 for the Blaugust event. To check out more Blaugust posts and sign up to participate, visit the Blaugust Nook!

I've been holding off on posting this for a few days, because I needed to ruminate on it so it didn't come across as whining. Granted, it might still come off as whining, but cest la vie.

By now, I'm sure you know about the Living Legend title and the Ikthian Crawler mount. To obtain them, you need to have played with no break in subscription from release date to F2P release. I was pretty sure I qualified for it, but was sympathetic to the cause of folks who may have had credit card issues, or for the swath of people that randomly got unsubscribed from the game by Carbine itself. I still think that people should get a 24-48 hour reprieve, because life happens.

And I now support it even more. Why?



Yep. On a whim while I was organizing my email receipts (because I keep them all like a crazy person), I stumbled upon emails saying that my sub had been cancelled way back in August 2014. I was all, "WHHHAAAAATTTTT! I know I didn't unsub!" So I checked the emails and time stamps.


Thirty-seven minutes of being unsubscribed. I'm not going to lie. I'll be upset if the Developers don't allow a reprieve for the folks they accidentally screwed over, and those of us who had credit card issues (which is what mine was--I asked Chaide about it, and he's said, "Oh yeah, remember? We got updated cards in the mail.") but remedied it to the best of our ability as quickly as possible.

But. I still love the game, and this little hiccup, while as sad as it makes me, will not stop me from continuing to play WildStar and subscribe. But I know I'd be a hell of a lot happier and willing to drop even more money on the game if they put a reprieve in. Besides, they could use the easy goodwill PR.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...