Sunday, May 31, 2015

NBI: Thank Yous


So, as an official participant of the Newbie Blogger Initiative this year, I thought it would only be proper to extend thank yous to all of the folks behind the scenes--whether they developed weekly prompts, helped to coordinate the whole thing, or were just veteran bloggers lending a helping hand through warm welcomes and advice, everyone has had an impact on us, the "Class of 2015".

Having been a part of the coordinating team for both server events (in-game) and conventions (out of game), I know it's a lot of work to put something together for one, and to make it run smoothly, for another. So even if I happen to miss someone in this post, I'm so sorry. But do know that:


Now, I didn't get through as many prompts as I liked due to some real-life stresses, and I may tackle one or two of them later since they are interesting topics (and are half-written...), but I want to first thank Izlain, Jaedia, Joseph Skyrim, and the NBI Committee-at-large for coming up with the NBI Talkback Topics/prompts. They're some pretty great topics, and I'm bummed that I'm not more timely in my writing. But it's something I know I need to work on, now, thanks to NBI! Carving the time in each day.

A special thank you goes out to all the folks behind the scenes and on the NBI Committee who may or may not have blogged much because they were so focused on helping us Newbie folks find our footing, voices, styles, etc. etc. and making the event the best it can be. You guys are the unsung heroes in these shenanigans.

To all of the veteran bloggers that were there to answer questions, link back to other newbie bloggers, provide advice, and even write blog posts on tips and tricks for the participants this year: Thank you so much! All of you are the reason I want to stay a part of the community instead of slowly leaving the internet, again. You've helped me overcome a bunch of my social anxiety online, and it has transferred over into real life. Truly, you've all changed my life, and I'm very thankful to be able to call you guys friends.

To the Class of 2015--it was wonderful to meet you all, and I'm looking forward to reading more of your posts! We had an awesome bunch of bloggers this year, and I'm looking forward to keeping the community going with all of these other wonderful folks.
Source

And last, but certainly not least, I really want to thank Chaide for being supportive of me blogging/YouTubing. He's a different type of community person than I am (he's more IRL community, which comes with the territory of being a teacher), but he's gone out of his way to support me, and read some of my blog posts. I mean, I got hella lucky finding him as a husband to begin with by how supportive he is of me in our day-to-day life, but that his support extends into my hobbies that he doesn't share means all the more. I don't get sappy a lot on the blog, but thank you, for making me feel that what I'm doing isn't "weird" (one of the reasons I've stopped blogging before) and is truly just another hobby. I loves you, Chaide.

5 comments:

  1. Yay! So happy that you took part in the NBI! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see I'm not the only one with social anxiety.
    Chaide is awesome. I have my brother to give me my support. What you said about making what we do not weird is probably the most important part of the support.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a lot of fun! I'm looking forward to helping out next year. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think a lot of gamers have cases of mild to moderate (and I'm sure there are severe cases, too, and none at all) anxiety or depression. I wonder if we're drawn to games because it helps to ease these anxieties while still maintaining the connections we desire as human beings...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Probably so. There is something very attractive in games for people like us.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...